1. Which of the following berries has been found to help prevent and treat cold and flu?
Elderberry Elderberry contains zinc and antioxidants, including vitamin C and anthocyanin, known for their ability to boost immune function and inhibit cold and flu. Research shows elderberry protects against influenza and other viral attacks by preventing the virus from entering and replicating in human cells. Learn more.
2. Processed meats such as deli meats and sausages are strongly correlated to an increased risk of colorectal cancer. Which of the following ingredients is responsible for this link?
Nitrates Nitrates are used to cure (preserve) processed meats of all kinds, and studies have repeatedly found they raise your risk of colorectal cancer, even at relatively small amounts. Learn more.
Red food coloring
3. Research has identified the following as a contributing factor in the development of pancreatic cancer:
Fungi Research shows fungi can migrate from your gut to your pancreas, where it can contribute to the development of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic tumors had far greater amounts of a common fungal genus called Malassezia. Using an antifungal drug was found to be protective, slowing down the progression of the tumor. Learn more.
4. According to recent research, which of the following strategies is an effective treatment for depression?
Dietary intervention A 2019 study found dietary intervention can effectively treat depression in young adults. Those who ate a Mediterranean-style diet reported a significant reduction in depression symptoms after 21 days. A recent meta-analysis also concluded that “Dietary interventions hold promise as a novel intervention for reducing symptoms of depression across the population.” Learn more.
5. Which of the following has been linked to the annual time change from standard time to daylight saving time?
Increased rates of heart attacks
Increased rates of workplace injuries
Increased rates of lethal car crashes
All of the above Researchers have noticed a statistically significant increase in the number of car accidents, workplace injuries and heart attacks in the days after the time change to DST in the spring, which appear to be related to loss of sleep and circadian rhythm disruptions. Learn more.
6. Which of the following is the fastest-growing category of waste?
Clothing Fast fashion is a major contributor to the global waste problem, as clothing is the fastest-growing category of waste. An estimated 85% of donated clothes end up in landfills. Learn more.
7. Which of the following helps break up fixed patterns in your mind and body that have developed as a result of trauma?
Remaining as still and quiet as possible
Shaking your body and dancing Two techniques that help break up fixed trauma-based patterns in your mind and body are shaking and dancing. Learn more.
Sleeping at least eight hours a night
Primal Panacea by Dr. Thomas E. Levy
The Toxic Tooth: How a root canal could be making you sick
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.